Nearby Attractions and Services
Chief Logan State Park is the most-visited state park in the state. It offers many outdoor activities: swimming, hiking, miniature golf, and a petting zoo. There is also a museum with community exhibits. During the summer months its amphitheater is home to The Aracoma Story, an outdoor drama about the Indian princess and English soldier who fall in love and settle in Logan. It is a touching story and a great way to spend an evening. Showtime is always 8:30 pm. In addition the The Aracoma Story, TAS presents two additional plays during the season. The shows are always professional and well done, so check them out. Telephone TAS at (304) 752-0253 or visit http://www.thearacomastory.com/.
Coalfield Jamboree is located on Main Street in Logan. The Jamboree brings in many performers, primarily country and bluegrass and gospel. It is a refurbished theater from Logan's heyday. You can call ahead to find out if there will be a performer you might want to see during your visit. Telephone (304) 752-2900.
R. D. Bailey Lake, located in Justice, West Virginia, is a flood control project by the Army Corps of Engineers, but it has become a great destination for people who love fishing, camping, hiking, biking, or just being in the great outdoors. Named after well-known Wyoming Countian Judge R. D. Bailey, this beautiful, natural area is a fitting and lasting tribute and expression of gratitude. Call (304) 664-3229 or visit http://www.lrh.usace.army.mil/OR/Project.asp?OR-RDB .
- Gino's is in downtown Man; we really like the submarine sandwiches.
- Giovanni's, across from the old junior high school, has great spaghetti.
- Frank's Italian Restaurant (actually it is Teresa's) is just a little farther
up Buffalo Creek but still in Man. You can get pan pizza there.
- Charley's Steak & Buffet is at Rita Mall, about five miles away. If
you are tired of pizza, you can get steak and salad at Charley's.
- Wendy's is also located at Rita Mall. In addition to the expected burgers,
you will find several specialty salads.
- Hardee's is located at Mountain Mart Village. You will find the regular
fast food, and the sausage biscuits are great for a quick breakfast.
- The Dairy Bar, located beside the old junior high school, has fast food
and, naturally, ice cream.
- The Convention Center restaurant at Chief Logan State Park has great food
and atmosphere. Visit the gift shop while you are there. Enter from Route
- Macadoo's Restaurant in downtown Logan has a really nice menu. It is a great place to spend the evening and listen to music.
There are two grocery stores at "the junction"(of Route 80 and
Route 10 just outside of Man). They are Burgess and Lohn Supermarket and
Pic Pac. You might want to stop and pick up snacks and beverages or even
all the fixings for cooking dinner on the grill.
Convenience stores are plentiful in the area, and some are open all night.
You can choose among Speedway, 7-Eleven, C & L Super Serve(the one
closest to us), or Trogdon's Super Serve.